Wednesday, July 6, 2011

fiancé

Matt and I have been together for 3.5 years and on our trip to France this June he became my fiancé. I wonder if in his well thought out plan, he thought about the word fiancé coming from the French language and felt it only appropriate to propose in France. Yeah, I don't think so. However, it was in his plan to propose in the most romantic city in the world and he put together an absolutely unbelievable engagement night. It was perfect. Here's the story:


It was our 2nd night in Paris and we had dinner reservations with the five of us on the trip (Me, Matt, Bryan, Erin and Mom) for 8pm. We had all agreed to meet in the bar of our hotel early to have some wine before we left for the restaurant. When we got down there, my Mom told us about these gardens that were right by our hotel and on our way to dinner, that the travel agent said we had to go see and get pictures at because they were gorgeous. Because we were a group of 5, we needed 2 cabs. It just so happened that Matt and I got in the first cab and our concierge had told the cab driver in French (which I wish I could say that I understood) that he was to stop at the Jardin du Luxembourg first and wait for us and then bring us to the restaurant for dinner. I was under the assumption the rest of the group was right behind us and joining us at the gardens as well. They were not. They were all in on it together. Matt and I walked into the gardens and as I turned to go pose for a picture of this gorgeous public garden with the Eiffel tower in the background, he was down on one knee asking to spend the rest of our lives together! We hugged and kissed and smiled and shed a few tears and I said YES and admired my beautiful ring for a long time! Then we got some great pictures...


Back in the cab, showing off the bling to Mr. Cabbie and headed to dinner to meet the rest of the group and celebrate!

He did so good :)


We had dinner at a beautiful restaurant called Maison Blanche that had tons of windows that looked out over the city and a great view of the Eiffel tower that lit up at night. Mom, Bryan & Erin had champagne waiting for us at the table for an Engagement Toast!



Picture with the Eiffel Tower in the background



We decided to continue our celebration beyond dinner and head over to the buddha-bar for some fancy cocktails.
Mint from my Mojito as a new hair piece
We then decided it was a Saturday night in Paris and we should hit the club scene. So we walked to the VIP Room and danced and celebrated and hung with midget superman.


Mom and I admiring the ringErin and I getting the dance floor started
Matt joined us on the dance floorCELEBRATING!!
The whole evening was perfect and I absolutely loved being able to celebrate with my family. It was very special to me that ALL my family actually had a hand in this occasion. My oldest brother, Brandon, was instrumental in actually helping Matt find the ring. Bryan secretly helped Matt scope out the perfect setting in Paris. My mom was the ring GUARD and couldn't let that thing out of her sight for the first 48 hrs in Paris and of course good ole' pops had to say YES when Matt asked for his permission to marry me!

We are so excited to begin planning the festivities and enjoy the next 9 months of being engaged! We are so happy and so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family and thank you to all that have already sent your well wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment