Friday, February 3, 2012

The New Year

We spent New Years Eve celebrating in ATL this year.  My brother, Bryan, and his girlfriend Erin were headed up there for a wedding on Dec 30th and convinced us to come party with them there for NYE.  It didn't take much convincing for me because I love any excuse to get back to my old stomping grounds.  When we decided to go, we had to convince our friends Mike and Tiff to come too because it was now becoming a tradition to travel and celebrate NYE together.  So we rang in the new year celebrating with friends and family and had a great time. 


Friday Night at 10High in the Highlands






 NYE dinner at Genki 




The new year brought new changes for Matt and I.  Right before the new year we had made the decision that we were headed back to Florida and moving to our home town of Pensacola.  It was a bitter sweet decision (for me at least).  Matt was jumping for joy.  Of course I was excited to get back home and be back in Florida, but I was extremely sad to leave my job in MS and our few friends we had made there over the last 2 years.  It is always difficult to close one chapter and start a new...even if you know the new will be great.  

So when we returned from our NYE celebration in Atlanta, I had the daunting task of telling my sales team and office staff in our Monday morning sales meeting that I would no longer be working with them.  It was such a tough meeting for me, but I knew they would all wish me well and be very happy for me.  And just as I thought, they could not have helped make the transition any smoother.  They threw Matt and I an awesome bonfire going away party and we laughed, partied, cried, danced and told stories around the fire.  It was a perfect ending to our time in Ocean Springs.  Thank you to everyone involved for making it so special for us!








My incredible new replacement :)


Cheers to the new chapter in our lives as we make Pensacola our new home together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment