Friday, July 17, 2009

Beauty Treatments and Conversations


To me, the two don't really go hand and hand. I don't know about you, but when I walk-in to get a mani/pedi, my hair done or have a massage; I really feel like that is "ME" time. Unless I initiate a conversation, I don't really like to be spoken to other than maybe the obligatory, "How are you today?"

"Good, Thanks."

And just leave it at that.

Yesterday, I went in to my little nail salon for a mani/pedi excited to be pampered, read my magazine, and close my eyes every now and then in the massage chair. Instead, I had a badgering little man harassing me with the 100 question game the entire time. I truly thought after my 3rd curt answer he was going to get the hint. But, NO. He continued on with 97 more questions. So, instead of leaving there happy and relaxed; I couldn't get out of there fast enough and left in a pissy mood because I didn't get my "ME" time! What more could I have done for him to get the hint?? I guess I should have started snoring in my chair.

Now am I being ridiculous? Aren't there times when you just want to be pampered in silence? I feel like I sound so rude and anti-social, but I promise, I'm really not. There is just a place and time for small talk and to me, spa treatments are not the time. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment