Thursday, June 25, 2009

T.P.

We all have preferences and certain ways that we like things done, am I wrong? Well, I have just recently learned about entirely new type of preference.

I have been dating my boyfriend, Matt (who doesn't particularly like his life posted on the internet, but I couldn't resist this one) for about a year and a half and early on in the relationship; I learned a few things he did that drove me crazy (in a nice way). These things are simple. There are 2. He leaves his pocket change anywhere and everywhere all around my house and he leaves wired hangers from the dry cleaners (I hate wired hangers) all over the place.

I let him know my frustration with these two things from the beginning, and it hasn't been much of a problem since. He has really made a conscience effort to put his pocket change in a special change bowl and throw the wired hangers away or bring them home with him.

Well just a few days ago, Matt comes to me and says; "Baby, I know something you do that drives me crazy."

"When you put the toilet paper roll on, you always put the tp coming down from the bottom (shown above). The tp is supposed to come off the top like a 'waterfall'."


I couldn't help myself from dying laughing. It seemed like the most ridiculous statement I had ever heard. It was hilarious. I had never in my life been told there was a 'correct' way to put the tp roll on the tp holder. In fact, I never even think when I put the roll on. I would say there is a 50/50 chance that I'd put it on both ways. But, learn something new everyday. I vow to always put the tp roll on with the tp coming from the top like a waterfall.

Now, tell me. Do you know which direction your tp is hanging in your bathroom right now? Did you ever know that there was a TP manual out there? What simple quirks about your significant other irritate you?

Don't be scared to comment. I love to read them :)

3 comments:

  1. For some unknown reason I do know there is an over the top rule with TP. I always have to have it this way that even if I am in someone elses home I will change it over to my way!! Hopefully no one minds!!
    Thanks for the blog!! Maybe the word will start to slowly spread..
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I'm dying laughing right now...my mom used to get on me big time when I was little about the "over the top tp." That's hysterical

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always put my TP on over the top! It drives me NUTS when people don't! I even go as far as changing it...ocd.

    ReplyDelete